Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hello, I am Jeniro and I am an App Junkie


I am a self-proclaimed AppJunkie. I love apps; they help me to streamline my life! There's an app for every area of my life from media apps like android prompter, to social responsibility apps like white house, and even health apps! I'm not afraid to try a new app; if it doesn' work out, then all I have to do is delete it. My mobile devices never judge me!

As the title of the blog suggests, I'm always on the go, consequently I love apps that help me to use my time wisely and make wise choices! Whether I'm on the go for business or pleasure, MyFitnessPal and Up are my favorite travel apps! Those two along with fitlinxx help be to make healthier and wiser choices whether I'm home or abroad!



BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep while the app displays your data allowing you to add things like meals and mood while delivering insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.

I produce media which means that I spend a lot of time SITTING in front of my computer screen. WIth this app I set goals to get 10,000 steps and 8 hours of sleep a day. If it's 7 o clock at night and I have not met my step goal I can choose to call it quits and take a walk or play some Just Dance!

I combine those apps with MyFitnessPal is a free and easy nutrition and fitness system that helps anyone achieve good health. Our powerful tools get you fit...and keep you there. My Fitness Pal Syncs with Up. By midday I can quickly glance at my meal diary to see what vitamins and nutrients have been lacking from my day. Up puts the food in 3 cute categories: 1) All you can eat, 2)Don't overdo it, and 3)Pass on these. My Fitness Pal offers percentages. I can easily identify numbers in red signaling that I've surpassed the goal for that day. If it's a vitamin, then no big deal, but if it's sugar that shoots up a red flag! Consequently, for the remainder of the day when choosing what I eat I can say to myself, "You've had enough sugar" or "You need more protein"...

These apps allow me to have a guilt free vacation! Pretty soon I will have developed healthier habits by using a few free apps to know myself better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment