Thursday, January 17, 2013

Listo Para El Otro Lado?


Why would you leave a country where you were a math teacher or a photographer to live in a country where you don't speak the language and can only get a construction or driving job that requires no skills. Illegal immigration is a hot topic these days and as much as I wish there weren't so many I can't help but feel sorry for some of them. I also wonder what their motivation is. They are also oftentimes away from their friends, family, and the life that they know. This alternate life goes on for years and I just don't get it.

A few years ago I saw the movie a better life. A man was living in the US working as a gardener with his own business. They never tell us how he ended up in that situation, but the title suggests that it is for a better life. Are they really the dreamers? If these people are coming here for a better life I want to know if they are getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment