Sunday, May 6, 2012

Run Your Race

Joel Osteen @ Lakewood Church

People may try to pressure you into being who they want you to be but God is my creator. I can't please everyone and I'm living to please God anyway.

I have God's approval and that's the only approval that is required.

I have to stay true to who God wants me to be.

*JK: @20 You wonder what others thing about you...@40 You don't care what others thing about you...@60 You realize that no one was thinking about you!

Acts 13:36 This is not a reference to David, for after David had done the will of God in his own generation, he died and was buried with his ancestors, and his body decayed.

If you change with every criticism you lessen your favor.

In order to please God, you may have to disappoint a few people.

John 12:43 For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.

Everyone has an opinion, people will be quick to tell you how to run your life and if you listen then you will be confused.

Be secure enough in who God made you to be to know what doesn't line up.

What God orders, he'll pay for it.

Sometimes people use spirituality to push you around, "...God told me..."

When someone speaks into your life it will confirm what God already told you.

1 Samuel 15:24 Then Saul admitted to Samuel, "Yes, I have sinned. I have disobeyed your instructions and the LORD's command, for I was afraid of the people and did what they demanded.

Saul was a people pleaser.

My time is too valuable to go around trying to figure out how to keep people happy.

I am free to be me and I'm going to be the best me that I an be.

-- Sent from JRochelle's Palm

No comments:

Post a Comment