Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Sweet Life



Week one of 2012 turned out pretty good. I finally received the gifts I won in the M.A.D.E. Cosmetics get away, I've been keeping up with Sprinkles which means I get at least 1 free cup cake a week, and I've had a chance to spend time with my family. If I had to name this week I'd call it The Sweet Life.

My cousin Samantha moved to Cali with her husband and though they are living a pretty sweet life, we miss them back home. This week I had the chance to have lunch with my two youngest cousins, their kids, and my grandfather. My grandfather was so proud of us and happy that we took time out to take him out to eat. A lot of times people grow up and start to earn their own living and forget their elders whose sweat and handwork is helping us to live the sweet life.

Speaking of sweet, did you know it pays to support local businesses? An elementary friend of mine, Janelle McCalla, started a business, M.A.D.E. Cosmetics. M.A.D.E. (Marvelous All Day Everyday) Cosmetics is a company that aspires to provide quality cosmetic products and services to their customers. I participated in the "12 Days of Giveaways" and "M.A.D.E. Me Thankful" contests; guess what? ….I won! I won a pair of fabulous earrings from the diva house and some loose Mineral Color, which can be used as eye color, cheek color, lip color, eyeliner, and more! 

Even sweeter, all you have to do is like the Sprinkles Houston Facebook page and they GIVE you a password which you can whisper to the friendly cashiers and get a free cupcake! I have a feeling that this will be a recurring post in my weekly blog! I also have the sweetest dog.

We adopted Canon last month from the shelter and he has truly brightened our household! He's a cocker spaniel; every dog aficionado tells us that he is not a full-blooded cocker but if he isn't, then they should start breeding them like Canon. Canon is mild-mannered and well-behaved, but he knows how to have fun at the appropriate time! Fortunately for us, he was already house trained; we found that out on accident.

Now if my life couldn't get any sweeter, I'm married to the best man on the planet. He continues to spoil me in ways that I never dreamed or imagined.

Well that's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment