Saturday, January 28, 2012

Forsake Not The Fellowship


Pictured Above: me with Bishop Goodman and his lovely wife.
Today I have arrived at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church to celebrate the homegoing of Bishop Dan E. Goodman. He served here on earth as a student, a scientist, a teacher, a pastor, a father, a friend, and so much more; from the remarks I heard at his wake he served well in each role.

Wakes and funerals always make me a little sad until I remember my Uncle Ray who departed his earthly vessel some time ago. In reference to wakes, Uncle Ray said, "[people] always doing stuff backwards. They want to come and have visitation with someone after he dies. The person been alive all this time and you never want to come see them..." It makes me smile a little. I'm glad to say my husband and I didn't do things bacwards when it came to Bishop Goodman. We had just visited with him less than a week before he passed.

Unfortunately, we can't say that about a list of family and friends far too long to count. At the beginning of this year, during our Family Vision Casting Session, we resolved to visit family and friends regularly. We want to put our friends and family on the schedule. We don't want to do things backwards.

Hebrews  10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

-- Sent from JRochelle's Palm Pre follow her on Twitter @Orinej


No comments:

Post a Comment