Sunday, October 21, 2018

Favor Connections

Joel Osteen @ Lakewood Church 

Joel was in relationship with his father so after being pulled over for speeding the officer recognized his name and let him go with a warning.

Am I connected to people who have what I want?

And the Lord said, "I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them." But Noah found favor with the Lord .
Genesis 6:7‭-‬8 NLT

Since Noah found favor, his family benefited.

Disconnect from people who are hindering your growth.

You need people who are soaring in your life. 

God uses others to enlarge your thinking. When God puts you with a bunch of eagles, don't have a chicken mentality.

You need people who think bigger than you. 

Now do as I tell you—take a bath and put on perfume and dress in your nicest clothes. Then go to the threshing floor, but don't let Boaz see you until he has finished eating and drinking. "The Lord bless you, my daughter!" Boaz exclaimed. "You are showing even more family loyalty now than you did before, for you have not gone after a younger man, whether rich or poor.
Ruth 3:3‭, ‬10 NLT


The annointing you expect is the announting you will get. 

Be inspired and not discouraged. You're only on competition with yourself. Pulling someone else down will never move you any higher.

As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:17 NKJV

Elisha and Elijah
There was favor on Elijah's life even though Elisha was born into an influential family. Elijah offered Elisha an assistant job.

And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?" Elisha said, "Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me."
II Kings 2:9 NKJV

You could be one relationship away from a new level.

There are people placed in my life to connect with. 

When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, "Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch." But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net." And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
Luke 5:4‭-‬7 NKJV

Due to Peter's obedience his blessings overflowed onto his partners.

There are blessings that belong to me connected to people I'm in (or need to be in) relationship with.

No comments:

Post a Comment