Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pulled Strings

Pastor Joel @ Lakewood Church

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
Ephesians 1:11 NIV

God is working behind the scenes to control me and my circumstances.

Even closed doors can catapult me forward because I can't see what's coming I may become discouraged  but I shouldn't.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

God has established my end.

Joel had a puppet and he would  put on puppet shows for his sister. She'd get so engrossed in the show that she'd forget Joel was pulling the strings.

This is what happens to us in life. 

with a mighty hand and outstretched arm; His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:12 NIV

Job was doing the right thing honoring God when the bottom fell out.


I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
Job 19:25 NIV

It's easy to give God praise in the good times but in the bad times is when you have reactivate your faith.

"I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:2 NIV

Those forces that are trying to stop me are controlled by God.

Jonah
God has a string on everything you need...including whales...even when we make mistakes.

How the king rejoices in your strength, O Lord ! He shouts with joy because you give him victory.
Psalms 21:1 NLT





No comments:

Post a Comment