Monday, January 1, 2018

Desperate Housewife of Houston: No Kids + Self-Employed

When I moved back to Houston, I thought I'd be spending more time with friends. It's funny how bi-polar friendship advice seems to be. On the one hand you see the obligatory suicide prevention posts that say "if you need to talk I'm here" then on the other hand you see "people grow out of friendships" "some people are in your life for a season", and etc...Which one is it? Are people supposed to ever be there for you or are we really just all on our own?

None of my friends have/had time for me even when I offered to meet then when or wherever they were...so now I don't try and I'm sure that none of them have noticed. Most days, I'm fine with that...other days it's discouraging because I feel like something must be wrong with me.

I thought by this stage in my life that I'd have a core group of friends but I don't. Well...my best friends are my husband, my mom, and my grandfather. I love spending time with them...but you know what I mean. I feel like I've been a good friend. I kept in contact, I remember/recognize special occasions, I show up when invited, etc...I don't have any kids so it's not like I can make "parent friends". I'm self employed so I don't have co-workers.

IDK

No comments:

Post a Comment