Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday @ Lakewood Church

The God Who Overrules

Since they have more authority, the Supreme Court can overrule any decision. In the same way our God can overrule any decision.

Don't let what the lower court decided become permanent in your mind because the Judge is on your side.

My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before you.  For you have upheld my right and my cause, sitting enthroned as the righteous judge.
Psalm 9:3‭-‬4 NIV

Where you are is not who you are. Where you come from doesn't have to limit where you're going. You can set a new standard.

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
2 Samuel 22:17‭-‬20 NIV

Instead of dwelling on how big your problems are dwell on how big your God is.

Truck fell on a man knocking his phone out and activating Siri. Siri asked how she could help and he said "Siri call 911". If not for that he would have been crushed to death.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
Exodus 23:26 KJV

We are in a controlled environment, God and the enemy are not equal opposites.

Every adversary 

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4 KJV

God said, "I've taken a good, long look at the affliction of my people in Egypt. I've heard their cries for deliverance from their slave masters; I know all about their pain. And now I have come down to help them, pry them loose from the grip of Egypt, get them out of that country and bring them to a good land with wide-open spaces, a land lush with milk and honey, the land of the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
Exodus 3:7‭-‬8 MSG

• Many struggles are passed down but even that can be overruled.
Joseph

• Don't get comfortable with dysfunction.

• Don't accept anything less than God's best. 

• God overrules wrong choices.
Jonah


And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:   But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luke 22:31‭-‬32 KJV


Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us.
Romans 8:34 NLT


Victoria's Exhortation

Have to you ever watched a dramatic television show  for the second time?  Notice that the drama doesn't affect you the same but in the moment it does.

Mary the Mother of James and Mary Magdalene saw Jesus perform miracles with their own eyes. They saw Jesus life first hand all the way up to Jesus being put in the tomb. Afterwards they went to the grave to annoint Jesus' body but on the path they remembered the stone

Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"
Mark 16:2‭-‬3 NIV

• As long as the stone was there,  they couldn't enter the tomb and complete their task.

• When they thought about their obstacle, they kept going.

•  Stones are meant to stop you and they are out of your control, but Jesus is still alive and rolling those obstacles out of the way.

But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.
Mark 16:4 NIV

• With every stone there is a promise to help you overcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment