Friday, January 10, 2020

My New Favorite Drink at Clean Juice: THE DETOXIFYING ONE


I absolutely love visiting Clean Juice for a healthy drink and/or snack. My new favorite drink is The Detoxifying One. Not only do I love the way it tastes (even though I add berry and extra ginger) but EVERY ingredient promotes natural detoxification! This drink contains Apple, Beet, Celery, Cucumber, and Ginger. I add extra ginger, because I like it spicy, and elderberry, because my last name is Elder, however, elderberry also promotes natural detox. Now, ’ll go through the ingredients and summarize their benefits.

Beets contain a group of phytonutrients called betalains that support detoxification through an important phase 2 detox step in the liver. In this phase, a protective compound becomes bound to the toxin helping your liver to remove chemicals and toxins more effectively. This is important because your body is better able to balance hormones, cholesterol and maintain energy levels.

Apples contain high levels of pectin. Pectin flushes out food additives and metals in our body. I recently had my water tested and found out that we have high levels of metal in our tap water. IN OUR WATER! Aside from this fresh pressed juice, when I learned that news I was thrilled that I keep apples stocked in my refrigerator! Back to these juice ingredients. I’ll move on to celery.

Since celery has diuretic properties, helps to flush toxins from the body while promoting liver and kidney health. In addition, studies consistently show that celery helps reduce fat build-up in the liver. Add those 2 findings to the fact that the nutrients in celery protect the liver, while helping the liver produce EVEN MORE enzymes that specifically flush fat and you may want to just drink a cup of celery juice every day; clean juice sells that too!

Cucumber juice is a highly alkalizing and hydrating drink which means that it reduces acidity in your body! Benefits also include a richness in nutrients such as vitamins A, C, K, magnesium, silicon, and potassium. On it’s own, cucumber juice can cleanse the entire body while alleviating digestive problems such as gastritis, acidity, heartburn, indigestion, and ulcers.

Ginger cleanses by stimulating digestion, circulation, and sweating. Its digestive actions serve to cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon, liver, and other organs. Finally, let’s talk about elderberry. This is not part of the Detoxifying One recipe but I ask the juiceristas to add it. Elderberries disperse free radicals and eliminates toxins. Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells, causing illness and aging.

So there you have it. You can go to Clean Juice and get a drink that will remove chemicals, toxins, fat, free radicals, and even metal! Not only that this drink will aid in digestion! I hope that you will try it but I’d also share a few precautions.

Your urine and stools may turn red or pinkish due to the presence of beets in this drink. This condition, known as beeturia, is harmless. But it may be startling if you don’t expect it. Also, if you have low blood pressure, drinking beetroot juice regularly may increase the risk of your pressure dropping too low. Finally, if you’re prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones, don’t drink beetroot juice. Beets are high in oxalates, which are naturally occurring substances that form crystals in your urine. They may lead to stones.


No comments:

Post a Comment