Sunday, November 5, 2017

You Are Fully Loaded

Joel Osteen @ Lakewood Church

When God created me he included everything I'd need. I didn't get short changed I'm fully loaded and equipped for the race that I was designed to run


I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Psalms 139:14 ESV

I'm not faulty. 

When God created me he said that I was very good, he didn't even say that about the solar system.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 ESV

He calls me a masterpiece.

If I had the things designed for someone else then it would be a burden not a blessing.

When Pastor Joel stepped up to lead Lakewood, at first he tried to be like his dad and it was a struggle.

For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,
Acts 13:36 ESV

I'm free to be me. 

It's easy to be me, I don't have to pretend or perform.

When you're who you are you are powerful. You can be small, quiet, and behind the scenes all while being powerful.

When we become envious we can start competing against people who aren't even in our race.

King Saul
Instead of celebrating David he started competing. He got distracted and started wasting time.

And Saul was very angry, and this saying displeased him. He said, "They have ascribed to David ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed thousands, and what more can he have but the kingdom?" And Saul eyed David from that day on.
1 Samuel 18:8‭-‬9 ESV

Successful people are so focused on their own goals that they don't have time to look around at what other people are doing.

If someone has "passed you up" in a similar process, be inspired not intimidated.

Sometimes we come in at the end of the movie.

Someone else's success isn't interfering with what God is doing in my life.

True friends show up when you succeed and celebrate you. 

Pastor Joel was running and noticed a man ahead of him. He decided to try to pass him. When he finally did,  he realized that he was blocks off of track.

And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."
John 1:19‭-‬20 ESV

Knowing what you're not will help you stay focused on who you are. 

If you're trying to be something you're not then it will be a struggle.

"For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.  To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away...
Matthew 25:14‭-‬15 ESV

God is sovereign. Before he gave me my "talents", I didn't have anything. I can complain about the distribution but it won't change what the Lord has done...it will just waste time.

You don't have to have a great gift for God to do something great with your life. 

Don't get so caught up celebrating others that you don't recognize that there's something in you to celebrate.

Then I said, "I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name." But His  word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.
Jeremiah 20:9 NKJV

Sarah and Abraham

And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a  mother  of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her."
Genesis 17:16 NKJV

All of their circumstances said that they'd die without heirs mostly because they were old.

I'm pregnant with destiny.

Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.
Genesis 17:19 NKJV



Victoria Osteen's Exhortation
A lot of people are praying for their assignments but God has already layed that out and he's working them out now. 

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

A lot of time we think good deeds are "good works". Sometimes we think that good deeds are brownie points to get us more love from God but that's not how it works

Don't do good works to get blessings because that's not how it works.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it  is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9 NKJV

The good work is working in me because I'm made to do good works. God has already created a way of escape l. God won't give me anything that I can fail at. 

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 NKJV

Alexander Graham Bell's telephone was a simple invention that accomplished great things.

I'm already walking into my assignment because the good works that I was created to do are working in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment