Sunday, February 3, 2013

Activating faith and not fear


****Joel Osteen @ lakewood church****

Both faith and fear are responses towards something in the future that we can't predict.

Just as faith can bring in good things, fear can bring in bad things. Quit inviting bad things.

Whatever you mediate on its what will take root.

Job 3:25 KJV
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

When the enemy puts a negative thought into your mind you give it power when you agree.

When people speak negativity into your life don't come into agreement. Come into agreement with the word.

2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be disciplined in your thought life. Don't agree with fear.

The first place you lose the battle is in your mind. Mediate on what god says about me.

Fear can create a barrier.

Fear blows things out of proportion. You can feel trapped even if you are not.

Psalms 27:1-5 KJV
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord , that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord , and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

when fear knocks, let faith answer.

My assignment is to great and my time is too valuable for me to waste time entertaining fear.

****Victoria Osteen****

Romans 12:18 NLT
Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

God wants us to be champions in all of life even in relationships. We are people of Destiny and peace. So many times we are frustrated with people and their is an undercurrent of strife.

1 Corinthians 3:6 NLT
I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.

it's not my responsibility to change anyone. When you understand something then you can deal with it but we can't understand people. When it comes to relationships we need to love and pray.

James 1:5 NLT
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. We need to invite wisdom into everything because it's not will against will.

God is waiting for us to rest in him.

Isaiah 65:1-2 NLT
The L ord says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name. All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment